Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The first holiday is under my belt!

Well I made it through Thanksgiving, for that I am thankful. The holiday gathering itself was awful! Family troubles and strife that were ridiculous. I had a little turkey, mashed spuds, and gravy. Everything else had sugar or lots of fat. I had no dessert because I forgot to make myself some. Oh well.

Jeff and I escaped for a long weekend. First we canceled due to poor economy, family troubles and strife, and Jeff just getting over being sick. Then Thursday we said to heck with it and hopped in the car and went up north. I am finding eating is somewhat difficult at this stage just because of what is in some foods. I can't do any sugars (except for natural sugar which is in foods), I can't do deep fried, no white bread, and very small portions. Eating breakfast at our hotel was wonderful. The staff gave me my 1 piece of toast and cream cheese, scrambled egg with cheese. I drank milk later in the day to get my protein in. Lunch was not even too bad. We ate at Potbelly's, my favorite place. They have great hot subs and they make a skinny version so I was able to have a tuna sub with cheese in a skinny. I ate a little of the whole wheat bread and then used a fork to scoop up the remainder of the goodies. Unfortunately supper did not fair as well. My fault I did not think about what I ordered. Teriakyi chicken breast. Teriakyi sauce has sugar. Cindy was sick!!!! We were shopping in Macy's and I could feel that I was going to lose it. Luckily our hotel was right there and we could run up to the room quickly and sick was I. I dumped. Boy that is horrible. Luckily for me though I felt okay after dumping. We were able to go to the parade and enjoy the rest of the evening. I have learned the hard way, carefully choose your meal! Carefully!

Anyway I am down to 285. WOW. Like I mean I have lost a lot of me. I have not been below 300 in years and then to be this far below already. I am feeling stronger. Loving walking much longer. (Yup I walked like a banshee all weekend!)

Life is good. Dain gave me a big hug and told me how proud he was of me. Means a lot to this mom especially from a child you think never notices anything at all in life but himself.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you Cyd! Your progress is really amazing. Sorry you got sick, I hope you don't have too much of that :( I'm glad you and hubby were able to get away for special relaxation time.

Sharon said...

Cindy: I'm reading your blog today. Wow, you go girl! Your last couple of postings show you have an amazing strength and anything is possible! I'm so glad you're enjoying the aquasize classes. I went to them for years and still do a lot of the stretches, particularly the leg ones, before and after my swims. The water is wonderful for your body, and being there with a group of women is so much fun and doesn't seem like exercise! Keep up the great work. Hugs, Sharon

1 Crafty Gal said...

OMG Cindy!!! How wonderful this post is!! I'm sorry I am just now seeing it, but girl...you have to know how very PROUD I am of you!!! Oh, this is so wonderful!!! LOVE YA!!!