Sunday, October 19, 2008

Feeling a little more normal.

Funny how one would not think of something like asparagas as being wonderful, but tonight for dinner we had asparagus, my protein salad and grilled ribeye. Jeff and I share a meat now. He sliced off a couple of wonderful pieces for me to enjoy. Beef is a toughie because of it being so fiborous, but I cut pencil-eraser size pieces and enjoyed it thoroughly. The asparagus was my favorite though, absolutely wonderful. Also a new find, laughing cow cheese french onion, yummy.

I am actually getting anxious to start exercising. I feel better than I have in years. I will be anxious to see what my weight is when I go back on November 6. I expect I will also be going back to work around the 10th. I have a size 18 swimsuit that was given to me by a friend. Who would have ever thought I would be in a size 18 again, certainly not me. But my friend (she had the surgery in February) said I would be there before you know it. So I am looking forward to being there.

My grandson can't figure out why I don't eat anymore than I do. It is hard to explain to him that mema's tummy just does not hold a lot of food any more.

Well tomorrow is a stamping day with friends. I am looking forward to that in the morning. I miss my daily visits with my friend in Minneapolis. We used to IM a lot, but she is very busy being mom, wife, sister, and employer. I know she is great at all of them.

No comments: