Monday, October 13, 2008

Hell Week

I had read about it before my surgery and was so happy I was not experiencing it, but then crash, bang, and down for the count I went. Pretty blue. Missing eating, not hungry, wanting to go out with friends to socialize, but not up to par. I even tried stamp club, came home exhausted.

Now the diet is slowly progressing, but I am learning eating is not an easy task. I had 2 teaspoons of cottage cheese yesterday for dinner and 30 minutes later drank my protein shake of the day. Hot, cold, feverish, shaky. The pouch decided that was too much protein within a very short time period. Luckily I remembered the lying down tool. Off to bed I went for 3 hours of resting, sleep, and then getting up weak. Almost felt like a very short, short version of the flu. So today it is back to liquidy stuff and a very quiet day.

Staying hydrated is getting to be difficult too. My BIL brought bottled water for me, lots of it, but it still tastes like water. Oh well, I hate IVs so I keep drinking.

I think the food thing is getting to Jeff also. I try to save something to eat with him for each meal. Breakfast is easy. I can eat scrambled egg, yogurt, or cream of wheat cooked cereal, and he is always willing to share this with me. Lunch, well that is the start of the difference. He eats a sandwich and other things, I am not hungry so I eat so more yogurt. Supper is the worse because depending on the time frame, I may have to eat earlier than he does. I am learning to keep some Jello on hand and I can have a dish of Jello with him. I will be happy when I can start eating a little of his meal with him.

The weight is coming off. I have no idea how much, but it is cgoing. Even with the weather change the knee is not as bad as it had been before.

It will get better, just a little bit of hell right now.

1 comment:

1 Crafty Gal said...

It will get better Cindy. You will not even remember this in a few months from now. You keep it up. Keep your chin up!! ((((HUGS))))