Monday, September 22, 2008

Tired, so very very tired.

I don't think my body likes this diet it is on. I am so tired and scattered brained. I took an hour nap at lunch time to see if that helped and all it did was make me want to lie down more. Pablo is the best nap buddy because he just lies there right beside me snoring away. I have been wearing that stupid mask and it does not seem to be a huge help either.

One night this week, dread of dreads, we have to get the tape measure out. I am suppose to take body measurements of legs, arms, waist, wrists, hips, chest, and neck. They say the reasoning behind this is because you will have periods of time that you will not be losing weight like you think you should, but you will be losing inches and remodeling your body. The reality will hit in that I am not a 36, 24, 36 hour glass figure. Betty Boop I ain't. Sad part is that I can tell that I have lost weight in the chest.... I will have no chest after I have lost the weight. The only before surgery picture will be the one of my brother and I. I think I will do monthly photos after surgery just to see the weight loss.

On a positive note, I have not had heartburn since those gosh awful antibiotics and since the diet has changed. I enjoy drinking a seltzer with a twist of lemon and lime when out with friends. I have not had any swelling in my feet or ankles either. I will be very curious to see just how much I am down from the beginning.

Samples, good grief, I have samples of Whey Protein in every flavor (including chicken soup YUK) coming to me in the mail. I figured they are free and this stuff ain't cheap. Some I have tried gag me, some have been very good. I am hoping to get some premixed stuff to try to see if I like that or not.

Jeff is having a hard time wrapping his head around this. He is scared and I know that, and I think he will do better after the surgery is over, but right now he is just not quite getting the diet routine.

Tomorrow is my preoperative lab testing, chest x-ray and EKG. I have an appointment with the therapist (lil Hitler) to get some indoor exercises to help me work out so my poor knees aren't always so sore. Then I will end the day with seeing Stef and Dr Coster signing my consent.

Wednesday morning I will be going over to my regular doctor for a heart and lung check. I love Lark. She is a great nurse practitioner. She will help me however she can.

Then it will be just finishing off the rest of the week and getting ready for MOnday's drive to Grinnell and surgery on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't believe your surgery is almost here. I'm so excited for you. I know this has been such an emotional rollercoaster, but you are almost there (((hugs)))

You know one good selzer water I have found is peligreeno (spell?). I think you would like that one. Super yummy with a lime.

You are going through so much right now, hang in there. I'm here if you need anything.